Monday, September 7, 2009

A Note on the Blog Structure

Blog Structure


I think of this blog as a journal that I am keeping as I proceed document by document through the genealogical record of my parents, Irwin Collier-1 and Antoinette Bober-1.



Generally I try to put a document (e.g. a census record) in one and only one posting, linking back to the original posting when needed.



With the image of a family tree in which my Generation-0 is the trunk in mind, I am proceeding from left to right for each generation, first the Collier branches and then the Bober branches. At the time of this particular posting, I am at the level of Generation-2, i.e. my grandparents, from left to right: Samuel Collier-2, Anna Korda-2, Felix Bober-2, and Pearl Grendziak-2.



After I add a few more postings to complete Pearl Grendziak-2 (for now), I will turn to Generation-3, my great-grandparents: Samuel Collier-3, Ellen Taylor-3, Anton Korda-3, Susan Czech-3, Franz Bober-3 etc.



Summary:


  • Each posting is dedicated to a single historical document.

  • I attempt to keep postings for a particular individual in a consecutive historical sequence (trick: click on the individual's label at the bottom of a posting to make sure you have all postings in which that individual's name is included)

  • The blog proceeds from the bottom of the family tree to the top, a generation at a time and from the Collier-Korda to the Bober-Grendziak branches of the family within each generation.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home